Tuesday, February 14, 2023

I'm only part Hakka, my Cantonese and Hakka people control business in Sabah and Malaysia, I went to private schools , as a schoolgirl I toured Europe with my father, and one of my brother's is active in a United Front linked organisation - Senator Penny Wong's life story is far from what she declared to the Senate in 2002

 by Ganesh Sahathevan 


This was Penny Wong addressing the Senate in 2002: 


My thoughts this morning were of my late paternal grandmother or Poh Poh, as I called her in her language. She was a diminutive woman with an indomitable spirit. A Chinese woman of the Hakka or guest people, she was my grandfather's second wife. When the war came to Malaysia.

 To my father, I wish you could have been here, but know that you taught me many things that I can draw on, now and tomorrow. To my mother, your intellect, mischievousness, sense of humour and unfailing love sustain me.

I want to make special mention of my younger brother Toby, who turned 30 on the day I was elected to this place, and died 10 days later. Your life and death ensure that I shall never forget what it is like for those who are truly marginalised.



Speaking to SBS to mark her entry to the Senate:

‘It was difficult to come to a place that I experienced as pretty hostile at times’

It was a tough transition for the eight-year-old Wong, who moved with her mother and brother to Adelaide following a family split.

Not only did she leave behind her father, her new home welcomed the future politician with racism and marginalisation, something she has repeatedly addressed in the Senate since her maiden speech in 2002.

Wong says it was difficult adjusting to life in Australia, which she describes as “pretty hostile at times”, but moving on from her Malaysian upbringing became easier with time.

“Obviously, nothing stays difficult forever,” she says.



Left unsaid is the fact that the Hakka control Sabah business and politics.They are not the poor homeless wanderers Wong made them out to be.

Additionally Wong  has recently been disclosed in that King's College speech that her  father is part Cantonese, of that clan which controls a significant amount of business throughout Malaysia. 

Life for her father has not been bad. In his words:

Francis Wong makes the point that foreign students, who had spent a number of their impressionable years in Australia, have a special affinity with the country.

"As a young man in Adelaide, I thought the Australian public was helpful, kind and generous.

"Lecturers would give whatever help required to those who were keen to learn. Farmers and factory owners were happy to provide summer jobs to Asians, and paid them fairly.

"And Rotary clubs were constantly inviting us to attend their functions where we sampled the best food and wine," he said




 During my sabbatical leave in the early 1980s I had spent sketching trips in Europe and elsewhere while taking Penny and her brother on holidays."

Penny was born in 1968,and would have been in her early teens at the time.
Francis Wong was also able to provide quite well for Penny ,sending her to a private school, Kinabalu International School, in Malaysia, a luxury for most Malaysians even now. In Australia she attended Scotch College, reputedly the most expensive in South Australia. 


All this is very far from the hard luck story Australians were told in 2002. Importantly it omitted any mention of her siblings in Malaysia, a matter revealed by media in Malaysia but which remains unreported in Australia. Her brother James Wong is a member of the   Malaysia-China Chamber of Commerce, which is linked to China's United Front Works Department.


To Be Read With 

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

James Wong, brother of FM Penny Wong's United Front connections matters given Malaysia's history with Chinese businessmen working with the Communist Party China to undermine the country

 by Ganesh Sahathevan


Malaysia's The Star reveals details of Foreign Minister Penny Wong's Malaysian 

siblings not made known to Australians - Revelation further complicates relations 

between Wong & the Australian Secret Intelligence Service, of which she is now 

minister in charge

 

The revelation that Australian Foreign Minister Penny Wong has an extended family in Malaysia that includes brother James Wong, who  is active in the  Malaysia-China Chamber of Commerce, raises a number of security issues in Australia and Malaysia given  Malaysia's history  with Chinese businessmen working with the Communist Party China to undermine the country.

That effort seems to be ongoing, despite the execution of Operation Judas in the 1970s (see story below). 




No comments:

Post a Comment